Fig & Prosciutto PizzaCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
13.4 oz bag of Urban Slicer Neapolitan Pizza crust
1 Cup Warm Water
3 oz Prosciutto (thinly sliced)
4-6 oz Italian Gorgonzola Cheese
4 Sun Dried Golden Figs (thinly sliced)
1 Cup Fresh Arugula
2 Tablespoons Aged Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Quality Olive Oil
Fresh Parmesan for Garnish
- Combine 1 cup of water with full bag of Neapolitan pizza crust from Urban Slicer. Mix with dough hook on stand mixer for 8 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled and covered bowl and let rise for 2-4 hours. (This will give you 2 14” crusts).
- Preheat your grill/smoker or oven to 500ºF if you have a pizza stone, they really work great for this. Place your pizza stone in cold and let it warm up to 500ºF with your appliance.
- Roll out your dough to roughly 14” in diameter. Lightly drizzle olive oil on the surface of the pizza. Place dime sized pieces of Gorgonzola 1”-2” inches apart across the pizza. Evenly distribute figs. Place in the smoker/oven for 10 minutes.
- While the pizza cooks, rip each piece of prosciutto into smaller bite sized pieces. At 5 minutes into the cook evenly distribute the prosciutto pieces onto the pizza while it is still cooking. Cook until crust is golden brown, total cook time should be 9-12 minutes.
- Add fresh grated Parmesan. Arrange arugula and drizzle with aged balsamic.