Eggroll BowlCourse: Main DishDifficulty: Easy
If you’re craving your favorite Chinese takeout but trying to cut out the sugar and carbs, this is one of best craving fixes of all time! Here is my recipe for egg roll bowls!
1 lb Ground Pork
1 bag (14oz) Classic Coleslaw Mix
1 Tablespoon Grape Seed Oil
4-6 Green Onions (diced)
1 1/2 Tablespoon Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger (minced)
1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce (optional)
Salt and Back Pepper (to taste)
Garnish with Green Onions and Sriracha
- Heat the tablespoon of grape seed oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the ground pork and brown. Chop the pork up finely as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and ginger, mix it in well and cook for about 30 seconds
- Stir in the coleslaw mix and green onions.
- Cook cabbage 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and hoisin. Hoisin is optional because it will add a few carbs, but it deepens the flavor quite a bit.
- Put it in a bowl, garnish with more fresh green onion and squeeze on some sriracha.